Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 4th Mania





Greetings! My blog is going to take you all over the world, but I thought I'd start it in my own front yard. Yesterday was July 4th. It's not unusual to find grown-ups behaving like kids on Christmas morning, at least in my family. Yesterday was no exception. My brother and dad created the "Ferris Wheel of Death," and set a trashcan on fire. This tradition of pyromasters dates all the way back to the cannons of '76. Let it be known that we are the United States of America and we are free. I have a feeling that over the next few years I'll be learning to appreciate a free America even more.

2 comments:

Everything Natural Pet Food said...

How much fun this looks like. Happy 4th of July.

aprilmae said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I am so glad you will be keeping us in the loop about your adventures in Albania. Sorry about the 4th, I was out wine tasting and at the beach all day and forgot my phone!