Monday, July 27, 2009

Right Back Where I Started From!

This is a long over-due post. I feel the need to commemorate The Fourth of July, since July 4th, 2008 was the first event I blogged about. Now, here I am. Full circle, with time to reflect on this past year. Truthfully, I don't remember much about Independence Day, '09. I was doing my best fighting jet-lag to stay up past 9:00 pm. But, as usual, it was a day filled with family, friends and freedom! (Not to mention delicious homemade ice cream! It's labor intensive, but soooo worth it. If you want the recipe, just ask!)
It was also a "college sweatshirt" kind of night. Here is my brother, Matt, sporting his CSUB sweatshirt and Grandpa sporting his Bowling Green sweatshirt (which he bought when he was back in Ohio for a reunion a few years ago).
Ok, so Stephen wasn't wearing his Davis sweatshirt, but I had my Westmont representation! My favorite fireworks are the "flashers." As tradition dictates, I always dance to the fireworks and pray to God that someone joins me. I can always count on Cousin Stephen!

Perhaps the most important reason to post a 4th review is to report that there were no injuries and everyone has all their fingers and toes!

No comments: