Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Home for Christmas

I'm currently in California. Besides almost having a panic attack in Costco, I'm adjusting back to "normal" life. Actually, that's not entirely true. It's currently 7:20 pm and I'm ready for bed. My body keeps waking me up at flipping 4:00 am! I've heard it said that it takes a day for every hour you lose. So, five more days of jet lag for a total of 9 days recovery. Ick. Anyhow, if you are traveling through the Central Coast, I'd love to see you! I'm without a car so I'm depending on people coming to me... Selfish, huh?
Dad took a picture after I had cleared customs (it only took 1 hour). After traveling for 15 hours without sleep I look slightly dazed and confused. No wonder. It was pouring rain when I left Tirana, freezing and snowy when I left Munich, and warm in LA. Crazy world we live in! The flight was comfortable; I was on an incredibly huge airbus. A friendly Italian grandmother sat next to me. Her children, many years ago, went to an international American school in Florence. She really encouraged me to look into that school. Ha! Italians are sort of disdainful of Albania.
My mom had the house decorated beautifully by the time I got home. She left me my favorite job...putting the angel on top of the tree! We've had that angel since I was 6 years old. She is irreplaceable! Let the Christmas festivities begin!

1 comment:

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Welcome back, Holly! We've missed you!! We definitely need to plan some type of crafty get-together while you're here...maybe I'll go poke Melinda ;)

(So are you going to tell us...what caused the panic attack in Costco?)