Saturday, December 6, 2008

One Week From Today....

I'm just a little excited. In exactly one week from today, I'll be boarding an aircraft headed for California! Yay! I'll be home for Christmas! Four of my friends are flying to Istanbul and I was feeling a bit sad about missing that adventure. Then, I thought of home and family and friends. I wouldn't trade Santa Maria for Istanbul. What am I looking forward to the most? Simple pleasures: walking on paved sidewalk without fearing speeding cars, Internet that works at home (I'm currently in my classroom), a heater that does not require a propane tank (that hasn't been filled in 4 days), and of course.... American laundry systems! Does this sound like I'm whining? Don't get me wrong, I love life here but I cannot wait for the comforts of home!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Yeaaaa! I hope that you have a fabulous time in Cali for Christmas! If you are in Bako for any of it I'd love to get together!

Matt De Korte said...

Ya! i am excited for you to be home too.

Anonymous said...

we can't wait to see you! you can even do laundry at our house if you wish!

Theresa said...

Hi Holly! I can't wait to see you!

Kit said...

Whoooopeeeee! Hope we can see you as we pass by headng for the OC.