Monday, January 5, 2009

To Have and to Have Not!

Sorry, but I'm posting this as self imposed therapy. My luggage is lost somewhere between Tirana and LA. My Internet still isn't working at home. I need an attitude check. Time to bring out the Pollyanna, count your blessings, glass is half full optimism!

What I have:
Camera
Computer
Power cord
Cell phones
Ipod
Wallet
Passport
2 pair of jeans
1 pair of black pants
1 pair of striped (springtime) pants
3 sweaters
Pajamas
Black boots
Black shoes
Brown shoes
Jewelery!
Wireless Internet in my classroom
All my spring/summer skirts
My health!
I'm surviving (barely). I really don't consider myself to be a materialistic person but I'm really grieving the loss of my tennis shoes, jeans, sweatshirts and new Christmas presents. (Plus for practical purposes, I need my clothes. It's freezing here.) There are so many people who get by on half the number of jeans and sweatshirts. If they can do it, so can I!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

any idea where the lost luggage might be?

Janelle said...

What a bummer Holly! The good news is that God knows exactly where it is and if He thinks you need it back, then He will get it to you. When my car was stolen I had to remind myself that "my car" wasn't really mine. It was on loan to me from God. And then days before our insurance co was going to mail us a check the BPD found it with the thief inside! At that point I was wishing that it was never found because of it's condition but today I am very grateful to have it back. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Team Widner said...

Times like these build character...that's what I tell my Airmen anyway. Character makes you humble and reminds you of what you have...which, you've clearly already detailed. = )

Happy New Year, eh!?

Chris S. said...

Hang in there, Holly. We've arrived at our destination several times without our luggage and also come home without it. Eventually, it gets delivered. We'll hope that will happen in your case!